On February 24, The Safety Committee at GenCon, Inc. welcomed Chris Allington and his team from HILTI, a provider of leading-edge technology for the global construction industry, to train all employees on proper Firestop procedure as part of our commitment to the highest standards of safety on all job sites.
The two hour training covered….
- Types of and properties of fire and smoke wall assemblies
- Choosing a firestop system for a specific penetration
- Proper labeling
- Upcoming changes to the MA Building Code
- Best practices for evaluating and proceeding work on pre-existing fire-stopping
- A Summary that reviewed photos of correct and incorrect fire-stopping
The commitment at GenCon, Inc. is clear: Safety First. Every Job. Every Day. Trainings like this one are just one example of how we give our employees the tools to meet that commitment. For more information on our company and our safety standards – please visit us at www. GenConDB.com.