Why Design Build?
Not all projects should be Design Build. However, the current market demands timely delivery and cost management that can make the processes extremely beneficial to the client. A lot of our clients are fast growing companies that need to make smart, educated real estate moves in a timely manner to remain competitive.
This is where GenCon is most effective. We can simplify the paperwork process by becoming fully accountable for the Design and Build components. We set a budget by creating a design and schedule with the end users and manage the process seamlessly throughout.
Your design-build team is jointly involved in producing a product that meets a client’s needs rather than merely acting as professional advisors. Collaboration of designers and builders is the foundation of design-build.
Benefits of design-build project delivery include:
- Total responsibility for the design and construction entrusted to one entity — no divided responsibilities with resultant problems.
- A coordinated team approach. The Design-Build team works with your management and engineering personnel to identify your needs and provide counsel on important decisions that can affect design, performance and cost.
- The design team has access to accurate cost information. We build the projects as well as design them, so we have accurate costs based on actual experience.
- Design, construction and cost knowledge are focused in a cooperative team effort on developing a satisfactory building solution, limiting the risks of communication failures and conflicts of interests between the designer, contractor and owner — and fragmented construction responsibility.
- Better control of design, cost and construction. You limit the risks of omissions, errors and costs exceeding your budgets. Costs are known and predictable.
- Faster occupancy and facilities operation — the cooperative team effort permits you to accomplish tasks faster. You save design, engineering and construction time. Many tasks under the coordinated team effort can be performed concurrently.
Design-Build Project Delivery Method:
- Accounts for nearly 40% of nonresidential design and construction
- Decreases an owner’s administrative burden via the single point of responsibility contract; this way owners can focus on the project rather than managing disparate contracts
- Virtually eliminates litigation claims for owners
- Optimizes the use of innovations such as BIM and Lean concepts
Design Build Services include:
- Tenant Improvements
- New Construction
- Historical Renovations
- Residential Developments
- Façade restorations